I've said for years, "The Medical Devices Group is the world's largest medical device community and the industry's only spam-free, curated forum for intelligent conversations with medical device thought leaders."
It was nice. But we've outgrown it.
We have an even bigger vision now.
and specifically MedicalDevicesGroup.net,
will be the world's most useful website
serving the medical device industry.
What do you think of our big, hairy, audacious goal?
I think we can do it. And it starts today!
Introducing the Medical Devices Group Job Board
I could tell you all about it. Or you could check it out now!
As of today, the job board lets:
- Candidates can post a resume.
- Candidates can create a profile.
- Candidates can search by keyword and location.
- Candidates can get job alerts.
- Employers can post jobs. (Today it's FREE! Ask me how.)
- Employers can highlight "urgent need" jobs and raise visibility with a "featured" job.
- Employers can sponsor a "featured employer" spot on the job portal.
I'm figuring it out as I go – today's job board is the minimally viable product – but I was too excited to wait another week to show you.
Please, try it out, and slam my inbox with feedback - good and bad (I can take it). I want to build the single most robust career platform available anywhere for the medical devices industry.
The Most Useful Medical Device Website:
What does that mean?
I know this is ambitious – it wouldn't be fun if it weren't. I'm setting a five-year horizon to build "every useful tool you can think of" to further your career and company success.
We have a strong head start, with:
• Years of completely searchable, archived questions and answers on the Community tab.
• 40+ archived webinars with replays, slides, and transcripts, all ready for your immediate download.
• The most comprehensive medical device events calendar available anywhere (also minimally viable, improvements underway).
• Legacy resources (we will build heavily here) and a blog (soon to be open for your contributions).
And with today's job board launch, we have the foundational elements in place.
SO WHAT ELSE?
My late mother-in-law would prompt me, “So what else?” right after I told her about something great that just happened.
So what else?
These are in the concept stage:
- Member reviews for events, books, content, etc.
- E-learning courses (for credit)
- Access to the Medical Devices Group Advisory Board
- Supplier directory
- Resources for distribution and inmport/export
- Research and tools you tell me you need
- Survey tools
And some nice-to-haves: Communication preferences (opt out of "this" but not "that"), a calendar of upcoming online events (webinars, etc.), nested comments, and more.
So what else? Well, that's up to you! What's on your wish list?
What do you wish "someone would just make because it would make your life so much easier?"
I may be that someone! Let's talk about it.
You can start by hitting the contact page today.
Big Things Ahead
I've never been more bullish on what our community can do together. Won't you tell your friends and colleagues about this site and our new job board?
I hope you will – and thank you in advance.
We're going to make something great together.
Thank you all so much!
Make it a great week.
Medical Devices Group Leader
P.S. Please come to 10x for ENGINEERS in San Diego if the agenda is remotely interesting for you. I want to meet (and serve) as many of you as I can. https://medgroup.biz/10x
I am working with Live Life Personal Mobile Alarms in Canada to set up sales agents. Live life is a unique cell phone-based fall prevention alarm designed for seniors. Outstanding and innovative product with no monthly monitoring fees, extensive out of home coverage and a real benefit for seniors and their families. check it our and email me if you are interested. https://www.livelifealarms.ca
How in the world can I get past the HR filtering nightmare... and how do I know If I did?
Why You Should Hire For Potential, Not Experience
When you're hiring, look past the experience candidates come with, to the potential for them to grow into the perfect fit for your company.