🔥 Find me at MedicalDevicesGroup.net 🔥
2 min reading time
Do you know what your Extended Producer Responsibility (EPR) reporting obligations are?
I hadn’t even heard of EPR until Graham Margetson, the CEO of Lorax Compliance, wrote me.
When I saw he signed Fresenius Kabi as a client, I asked (and he agreed) to give a webinar on the EPR for device companies: http://medgroup.biz/learn-EPR.
I asked Graham why medical device companies should be worried about EPR.
He said, “Many medical device manufacturers are unaware about packaging, waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE), and battery recycling regulations.
Manufacturers need to calculate and pay fees for products sold into the EU, Asia/Pacific, and North America. It’s effectively an eco-tax to ensure recycling targets are met.”
I asked, “So if I am a medical device company, either I am paying someone an EPR fee or I’m in trouble?”
“Exactly! And if you fail to register, you may face stiff fines and damaging publicity. You have to calculate the fee based on your product sales and submit your payment and a report (every recycling scheme is different) which details your calculations. The report must be accurate as you may be audited.”
You can attend the http://medgroup.biz/learn-EPR webinar for free. It’s the easiest way for you to learn about the topic.
The webinar will help you understand, forecast, and minimize the budgetary impact of EPR compliance and include:
• Am I registered in the right countries; am I paying the correct fees; and what are the risks of non-compliance?
• How the EU ‘Essential Requirements’ doctrine impacts your packaging declarations.
• How your product routes-to-market can change your liability for the payment of fees.
• Highlight the specific EPR issues affecting medical device companies.
• Examples of key markets, including the EU, Australia, Canada, the United States and South America, where EPR regulations have been or are being adopted and how they may impact your supply chain in the near future.
That link again: http://medgroup.biz/learn-EPR
Without question, online events like the one Graham is preparing attract the most interest among Medical Devices Group members.
Reach me at [email protected] if you’d like to offer one for the group.
SUPER BOWL WINNER?
Who will win the Super Bowl?
The first group member who guesses the correct teams and score will receive one free admission to the 10x Medical Device Conference.
My Seattle Seahawks are still in the running. For fun and for a free 10x admission, try your luck at http://medgroup.biz/superbowl
Make it a great week.
P.S. We park the good stuff at http://medgroup.biz/MDG-SITE Register there now to stay up to date.
Marked as spam