🔥 Find me at MedicalDevicesGroup.net 🔥
2 min reading time
I’m sorry it’s taken me so long to share this: Kirk Zeller, DBA gave a fantastic presentation on the Japanese market at this year’s 10x Conference.
Catch the video at https://medgroup.biz/Japan
This fascinated me: Despite having 40% of the US population, Japan has as many senior citizens as America.
Kirk’s been interested in Japan since the 80’s and has worked on 50+ medical device transactions in the past two decades. Some highlights from his talk include:
• If you have a novel technology, come! If you have a me-too product, stay home. There is no private insurance there and only one payer.
• Prime Minister Abe is keen to foster the development of the medical device industry.
• It’s still a lengthy process, but getting approval to sell in Japan takes less time since they’ve tripled the number of reviewers and taken other steps in this regard (see notes).
• You’re less likely to need a clinical trial to launch in Japan. But if you do, you easily will find your patients complying closely with their regimens.
• It’s a mistake to think a good distributor will build awareness and sales on its own. You need to be with them, side-by-side.
Watch the 15-minute presentation at https://medgroup.biz/Japan.
While you’re there, click on “Schedule” to see the agenda for our April event which, for the first time, will include up to 100 exhibitors who can help you design, develop, manufacture, and commercialize your concepts faster and smarter.
FREE ADMISSION MONDAY JAN 8, 2018 at the Digital Medicine & Medtech Showcase.
This event takes place as part of the Biotech Showcase in San Francisco, during healthcare’s biggest week of the year. Monday’s program features a panel discussion, company presentations, and a networking reception.
For your free pass: https://medgroup.biz/digimed
PS. Use code Gobble before Dec 6 for $100 off any 10x Conference pass at https://medgroup.biz/10x
Kirk Zeller, DBA
Erik Burd (博瑞)
Chea Kunwon, ASQ-CQA, PPI
Marked as spam
Meet your next client here. Join our medical devices group community.
Please log in to post questions.