12 Steps for Accurate Medical Device UDI Submissions to the FDA GUDID
UDI regulations kick in for implantable, life-supporting and life-sustaining (I/LS/LS) devices, including stand-alone software (and the direct marking of these devices, for certain intended uses) in 2015.
Reed Tech subject matter expert Gary Saner is my go-to on this subject. He covered:
• Requirements of a GUDID submission system
• Process steps in selecting/launching a GUDID system and making submissions
• Data Fields – including those that are problematic
• Data Cleaning, Harmonization, and Validation tips
• Update on FDA’s changing GUDID guidance, e.g., convenience kits and implants
• Notes in setting up a FDA GUDID account
• UDI Team Leaders/Members
• Regulatory Directors/Managers/Staff
• Manufacturing, Operations, and Supply Chain Logistics Personnel
• UDI IT Support Personnel
• Compliance Officers
• Distributors with UDI Submission Responsibilities
>> Forward this link to colleagues who would value this content.